To submit a film for the program sections European Competition (Fiction, Documentary & YAAAS!), European Panorama and European Panorama Specials (Architecture and Society, Working Worlds), the film must comply with the following conditions:
- Film Length: Films must be feature-length (fiction and documentary, no genre restrictions), with a running time of 60 minutes or more.
- The film must be "European" according to CROSSING EUROPE regulations (see above for definition).
- Year of Production: The submitted film must have been produced within 2023/2024.
- The Austrian premiere of the film at CROSSING EUROPE is obligatory. The film has not previously been screened or broadcast (TV, online, streaming, etc.) in Austria before CROSSING EUROPE in April 2024.
- If the film is selected for the festival program: All films selected for the program will be presented in their original versions with English (or in exceptional cases: German) subtitles. It is highly recommended to submit screeners (screening link) with English subtitles.
- If the film is selected for the festival program: the standard screening format for feature-length films is DCP. In exceptional cases we can screen 35mm.
Important Information about the Submission Process:
- There is no submission fee.
- You may enter more than one film to the festival, but you must submit a completed submission form for each individual film.
- You will receive a notification in case your film has been selected for the festival program (vie e-mail, at the latest by the beginning of March 2024).
- The festival reserves the right to choose the program section in which the film is to be included.
- For films that have NOT been selected for the program we will NOT send out any notifications for organizational reasons – thank you for your understanding!
- Please understand that CROSSING EUROPE is not obliged to provide feedback or justification for the selection decisions. The final film selection is based on a variety of criteria.
- By submitting a film you furthermore accept the festival’s rules and regulations as stated here.
Wettbewerb / Preis